The P.J.M. van Stokkum natural stone company was set up the 01 February 1910. Up to the end of the 2nd World War the company only traded in natural stone. During the war, we began production of our own natural stone finishes. The company name was changed to Van Stokkum N.V.
As expansion wasn’t possible in Rotterdam we took over the Comuth-Nooteboom company in Venlo. Venlo was chosen specifically because it would be easy to export from there to Germany. Because natural stone was being used increasingly in commercial building works a new production room and two blocks saws were installed in Venlo for cutting and finishing natural stone for trade and industry.
In 1962 the company, was expanded under the flag of ‘Verenigde Bedrijven Bredero NV’ of Utrecht to incorporate a drawing office and we began organising our own construction work. From 1984 to 1994 the company became independent again. Demand in the Netherlands grew to such an extent that export to Germany was stopped. Under the management of Mr Lei Schreurs, who ran the company from 1994 to 2012, Van Stokkum concentrated on commercial construction and importing natural stone from all over the world.
Since 2012, Van Stokkum Natuursteen BV has come under Vermeulen Drachten Holding BV, but still operates as an independent company in the use and application of natural stone.